The ACS is thrilled to announce the new CREDIT MAKER scheme for early mid-career female practitioners.
Credit Maker is a high calibre initiative that will support 12 female practitioners across directing, cinematography and composing to attain a career defining credit on a scripted television drama production.
* Please note the current round of applications closed on 11 April 2022
Credit Maker is supported by Screen Australia’s Gender Matters in partnership with the Australian Directors Guild, the Australian Cinematographers Society and the Australian Guild of Screen Composers.
Eligibility criteria include:
- significant experience as a cinematographer filming narrative drama. This could be in feature films, second unit, online web series, or a substantial number of short films, or a combination of all three.
- Experience in other areas of cinematography such as documentary, music videos and commercial work will also be considered relevant to assessing the suitability of the applicant.
- The applicant will feel ready to work on a fast paced television drama set with confidence, and collaborate effectively with directors, producers, actors, other Heads of Department and crew.
Applications to include:
- One paragraph summary of your cinematography career, highlighting recent experience
- Full CV of cinematography credits and other relevant camera department experience. Please identify projects that have been broadcast or screened at film festivals and/or won awards.
- Examples of three different drama projects you feel best represents your personal aesthetic and quality of work. These may be shown to Producers and the Mentor DP to finalise the Credit Maker Scheme placement.
- Three referees, including at least one director of a previous project, and another being a producer.
Selection will be by a panel of ACS members, in consultation with Production companies and the Mentor DP.
The ACS is responsible for management of the CREDIT MAKER cinematographer placement and contracting with the Production company and the Placee.
The First Round closing date is 11 April 2022.