State and Territory
Each state or territory has its own branch of the Australian Cinematographers Society (ACS). Each member of the ACS is registered to the state or territory branch most closely aligned to their place of business or residence.
Vera Black 2020 Fashion Film
Denson Baker ACS NZCS
Each state or territory has its own branch of the Australian Cinematogrpahers Society (ACS). Each member of the ACS is registered to the state or territory branch most closely aligned to their place of business or residence.
The role of ACS state and territory branches
State and territory branches are the day-to-day touch-point for most ACS members.
- Promote and support the cinematography industry in their local state or territory.
- Maintain a register of members.
- Facilitate regular state branch meetings and events.
- Run the ACS State and Territory Awards in partnership with another state branch from which finalists are entered into the ACS National Awards.
- Nominate and elect local representatives to the ACS National Executive and Committee.
State and territory branches are administered day-to-day by local members and may be organised in a way that is specific to that branch.
- Has a branch committee with elected local officials.
- May have branch specific membership benefits.
- May have branch specific special awards categories or scholarships.
- Each branch historically had a separate ABN and GST registration. The Society is in the process of transferring the branches to the National ABN as ATO GST branches.
Please visit the individual branch home page for details specific to each branch: